Dear Emily

 A Letter from Daisey to Emily

123 Maple Street, November 28, 1924


Dear Emily,

You won't believe what I saw yesterday! The most amazing, wonderful, absolutely magical thing ever – the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I just had to write and tell you all about it.

Imagine this: the streets of New York turned into a fairy tale right before my eyes! There were people dressed in the brightest costumes I've ever seen. They were dancing and playing music that made everyone want to join in. And the floats, Emily! They were like something out of a big and beautiful storybook!

And guess what? There were real animals right there on the street! Elephants, bears, and camels all marched down the city like they belonged there. It was like watching a parade in the jungle! I could hardly believe my eyes.

The parade was so long – it went on for miles and miles! I walked along with it for a little while but couldn't keep up with the whole thing. It felt like an adventure just following it as far as I did.

The very best part was the end. Santa Claus came on a huge sleigh, and everyone cheered and clapped. He looked like the Santa in the storybooks, with a big red suit and a jolly laugh. It felt like he was there to officially start Christmas!

I will draw a picture of the parade to send you. I want you to see just how wonderful it was. Next year, you can come and see it with me. We could watch it together!


I can't wait to see you again and tell you even more about it.


Your best friend always,

Daisey 🌟🎈🐘🎅


P.S. I saved a little flag from the parade. I'm sending it with my letter, so you have a piece of the magic too! 🚩🎉



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Legacy of Hinrich Lichtenstein: A Journey Through Science and Discovery

The Enchantment of the Inaugural Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade